WBS Excel Template
The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) views the entire scope broken down into smaller work blocks in a hierarchical structure. The completion of the work blocks will result in the completion of the deliverable and achievement of the objectives.
It is imperative that 100% of the needed work appear in the WBS diagram and that there is no overlap between different work blocks. The WBS is not a project plan: It specifies who does what, not when, or how.
The benefits of using this template:
- Helps us to identify the work required for a project. It can be used in any project, and it can help you see where your time should be spent on the project.
- It ensures that everyone is working towards the same goal, so there is no confusion about what needs to be done.
- It helps you stay organized by giving you an overview of everything that needs to get done for your project.
Format: MS Excel
The WBS Dictionary expands the WBS further by providing information about:
- Description of the task.
- The person is responsible for delivering that task.
- Resources required to complete the task.
- Acceptance criteria that will be used for sign-off.
- Constraints regarding time, cost, and others (e.g., quality)