Project Scope Management Templates
Project scope management templates are an important component of project management. They provide a means for managing the work that needs to be done, and they help manage risk by providing a clear understanding of what is expected at each stage in the project life cycle.
This document provides a basic understanding of the project scope including the deliverable, assumptions, and constraints, and clearly lists down the high-level project requirements and boundaries.
This template covers SMART objectives as per project management guidelines -
- Specific: The objective should be clearly stated.
- Measurable: List down metrics to determine if the objectives have been met.
- Attainable: The team agrees that the objective is achievable and realistic.
- Relevant: Objective fits into the overall organizational goal & supports the project charter.
- Timely: A target date to achieve the objective is clearly stated.
Key elements of a Project Scope Statement
- Project Justification
- Project Description
- Project Objectives
- High-Level Requirements
- In Scope
- Out of Scope
- Cost Estimate