ITIL release plan template
The ITIL release plan is a term that refers to the process of how an organization should manage changes in the IT infrastructure. The plan considers the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, including customers, employees, suppliers, partners, and management.
We recommend that all organizations create this document before beginning an ITIL project, so they have the right expectations of their goals to ensure success. This is a great way to increase efficiency in your business by ensuring that you are delivering value to your end-users at all times and keeping up with the latest trends in technology.
- The scope of the ITIL release plan is to provide a roadmap for releases that will ensure all changes are deployed in an orderly and controlled fashion, minimize risks, and maintain service quality.
- Provide a common framework for aligning the business with its services. It is designed to help organizations in their transition from traditional project-based delivery to sustainable service-oriented systems.
Format: MS Word
This template covers the following sections:
- Plan details table
- Plan owner
- Submission date
- Release type
- Owner of the release
- Changes included in the release
- Who will be affected by the release
- Potential risks
- Approval chain for chain risks
- Timeline of the release