Information Classification Policy
An information classification policy is a document that contains the guidelines for handling sensitive information within an organization. The policies are designed to protect private company data from being leaked, hacked, or misused by unauthorized parties.
Information classification policy is an essential aspect of information security, and every organization has its policies for handling sensitive data.
The benefits of using this template are:
- Minimizing the risk of lawsuits by preventing unauthorized disclosure of sensitive data.
- Make sure that employees know what they should be working on at any given time.
Format: MS Word
The sections of this template are:
- Introduction to information classification
- Objectives of this policy
- Classification of information assets
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Classification sensitivity criteria
- Electronic protected health information
- Payment card information
- Classification guidelines